Each year, the CCA Libraries sponsor a Student Book Art Competition. This year, two books by CCA students will be selected for inclusion in the libraries' artists' book collection and awarded a $200 prize.
Three categories of books will be judged:
- best handmade book in any medium or form
- best creative content - books that may be handmade or commercially printed, where the creative content is the primary consideration for judging (for example: photography, comic books or graphic novels)
- best research and book design - books that may be handmade or commercially printed, where the design and research into the content of the book is the primary consideration for judging (for example: graphic design)<\li>
The widest possible definition of book will be considered.
Entries will be exhibited in Simpson Library (San Francisco) during the judging period. The entry period for projects created during the 2016/17 school year is April 24th - May 5th, 2017.
- You must be a current CCA student.
- Work on the book submitted must be in conjunction with a CCA course.
- The winning entries become the property of the CCA Libraries.
Rules for entry
Download the full announcement (pdf), with complete rules and details.