Art Full Text/Art & Architecture Complete (AAC) is a comprehensive resource for articles in the arts, architecture and design.
Art Full Text includes full-text articles from more than 300 periodicals dating back to 1995, high-quality indexing and abstracting of over 600 periodicals dating as far back as 1984, as well as indexing and abstracting of over 13,000 art dissertations. Indexing of almost 200,000 art reproductions provides examples of styles and art movements, including works by emerging artists. The database covers fine, decorative and commercial art, folk art, photography, film, and architecture.
Art & Architecture Complete provides full-text coverage of 380 periodicals and more than 220 books. In addition, this database offers cover-to-cover indexing and abstracts for more than 780 academic journals, magazines and trade publications, as well as for over 230 books. Art & Architecture Complete also provides selective coverage for 70 additional publications and an Image Collection of over 63,000 images provided by Picture Desk and others.
- From any page on the CCA Library Website, select the Online resources dropdown from the menu-bar and then select Art Full Text/AAC.
- If you are off-campus please enter your CCA username and password at the prompt for access.
- For best results make sure that cookies are enabled on your browser, and that popups are allowed.
- To get started using Art Full Text/AAC you can simply type a keyword into the default textbox, and hit the "Search" button.
- To retrieve more precise results use the various Search Options in the green box to limit by full-text, date, or publication.
- Combine search terms using the AND (for fewer results) and OR (for more results) dropdown menus.
- Use the * symbol to expand your search (e.g., metro* for metropole, metropolis, metropolitan).
Viewing Search Results
- You can retrieve the full-text from some articles in Art Full Text/AAC.
- Click on the HTML Full Text icon to view an article's text, or the PDF Full Text icon to view actual pages from the periodical (including images).
- If full-text or PDF links are not available, click on Find Journal at CCA to check if a print copy is available at CCA libraries.
- If the journal is available in the CCA Print Holdings write down the exact journal title, volume/number or month/year, and page number(s) to locate it on the shelves.
- If the journal is available through another database, click-through to the database to search for the article you need.
- To print, save or email your results, use the tools on the right side of the screen.