Encyclopedia Britannica Online (EB) brings together the content of the encyclopedia along with resources such as World Data Analyst, Gateway to the Classics, Merriam-Webster’s Dictionary of Quotations, and selected journal articles from the ProQuest and EBSCO databases.
- From the CCA Library Homepage, select Library Collections » Reference » Encyclopedia Britannica.
- If you are off-campus please enter your CCA username and password at the prompt for access.
- To get started you can simply type a keyword into the search-box, and hit the "Go" button.
- Check the Merriam-Webster Dictionary & Thesaurus check-box to search dictionary and thesaurus entries only.
- Select the Advanced Search link to search for phrases, to expand, and to limit your searches.
- Various search and research tools are available under the "Research Tools" heading on the EB homepage.
- Use the Subject Browse tool to find references to particular topics throughout the Encyclopedia.
- Use the World Data tool to find statistics on countries around the world.
- Use Video Browse to find videos from EB.
- To view the full-text for your results simply select the title link from the results list.
- Print, save, email, and create MLA citations for your selections by choosing from the links in the full-record view:
Expand your Results
- Find more information by choosing a link under "Choose a content source," just to the left of your search results list:
- Use the "From ProQuest" and "From EBSCO" links to retrieve full-text journal articles pertaining to your search.
- Use the "Web Sites" link to retrieve reliable authoritative sources on the Web.