The Literature Resource Center (LRC) includes full-text author biographies and bibliographies, literary criticism, articles, interviews, and entries from the Encyclopedia of Literature. Below are instructions for using the Literature Resource Center at the CCA Libraries to find literary information online.
- From any page on the CCA Library Website, select the Library Collections dropdown from the menu-bar and then select Articles.
- Select the Writing & Literature link to go to the Literature Resource Center
- If you are off-campus please enter your CCA username and password at the prompt for access.
- To get started you can simply type a keyword into the search-box, and hit the "Search" button.
- To search for articles about a particular book, story, or poem select the Name of Work search option and put in the title of work.
- To search for articles about a particular author or her work choose the Person — by or about search option and put in the name of the author
- To search for an author of an article in the database, choose the Author search option and put in the name of the author.
Viewing Search Results
- Use the tabs at the top of the search results to view your results in different categories:
- The Literature Criticism tab has scholarly journal articles that are about a particular work or author.
- The Biographies tab contains biographies of authors that are from a variety of reference sources.
- The Topic and Work Overviews tab has very basic introductions to a particular author or work from Literary encyclopedias.
- And the Reviews and News tab has book reviews and news items from (non-scholarly) newspapers and magazines.
- Select the title link for each entry to view the full-text of the article.
- From the full-text view select the "Print" or "Email" icons at the top left to print or email the full-text.
To save an article to your Mac select the "Print" icon, go to File>Print, and then select "Save as pdf" from the print dialog rather than sending the article to your printer.