Oxford Art Online (aka Grove Art) contains the full-text of The Dictionary of Art — an encyclopedia of world art from prehistory to the present in over 45,000 articles. OAO also includes The Oxford Companion to Western Art [OCWA], the Encyclopedia of Aesthetics, the Concise Oxford Dictionary of Art Terms, and over 5000 color images.
- From the CCA Library Homepage, select Library collections » Reference » and then Oxford Art Online.
- If you are off-campus please enter your CCA username and password at the prompt for access.
- To search all resources type a keyword into the search-box in the top-right corner of the page, and hit the "Search" button.
- Select the links to the left of your search results to limit your results according to its source or the type of article (biography, image, etc).
- Select the Advanced Search link on the homepage.
- Select one of the tabs above the searchbox (e.g., Image Search) to limit your search by type
- Select a resource to the left of the searchbox to limit by source (e.g., the Encyclopedia of Aesthetics)
- Use the * symbol to expand your search (e.g., metro* for metropole, metropolis, metropolitan).
- To search or browse OAO's image resources select the "Images" link on the homepage and type in your keywords.
- For help searching these image collections Ask a Librarian!
Viewing Search Results
- To view the full-text for your results simply select the title link from the results list.
- Print the document by selecting the Print icon and then use the File>Print command in your browser.
- To email the document select the Email icon and fill out the form according to your preferences.
- To save an article to your Mac select the Print icon, go to File>Print, and then select "Save as pdf" from the print dialog rather than sending the article to your printer.
- To copy correctly formatted citations of the article choose the Cite icon and select the appropriate style guide