What is Gmail?
Every CCA account, faculty or student, includes a Gmail address. Announcements and updates from the school will be sent to your CCA email. Gmail supports attachments like other email clients, but also supports Google Drive attachments for larger files that can't usually be sent via email. Messages are divided into categories automatically, or you can choose to create your own labels and filters to help pare down your inbox.
How Can it Help You?
Gmail helps you stay in communication with your students and fellow faculty. If you have a personal Gmail account, you can add your CCA Gmail as a secondary account on the web or app and see emails from both sources together or separately. Like other G Suite services it offers a robust search function that allows you to quickly find the message or attachment that you're looking for.
Examples of Use
Instructors or Students can:
- Stay in contact with peers, send attachments, and schedule emails
- Organize your inbox using labels and colors
- Create Keep notes, Tasks, or Calendar events from within Gmail
How to Get Started
- Gmail is accessible by going to mail.google.com, or by using the iOS or Android mobile apps
- Click the Compose button to begin drafting a new message
- Use the search bar to quickly find that important message or attachment