Winter Break 2019 - Checkouts and Hours
All items checked out during Fall semester are due Dec 13 or earlier
December 13 is the last day any library materials can be due, even when renewed.
After-hours book returns are available at the entrance of Meyer and Simpson Library for returns while the libraries are closed.
Administrative holds will be placed on students' records for items not returned, preventing registration for classes and/or receipt of transcripts and diploma.
For borrowing after December 13, please see "Borrowing during the Winter Break" below.
Borrowing during the Winter Break
Undergraduate, graduate, and graduating students interested in borrowing library material after December 13 are required to update their library records for the Spring semester. You may update your library account as soon as Monday, December 9.
To update your library record, you must:
- Return all library material
- Pay any outstanding late fees and/or replacement costs
- Be registered for Spring 2020 or scheduled to graduate at the end of Fall 2019
- Go to the Circulation Desk at either San Francisco or Oakland campus in person
Once you are updated, you may immediately begin borrowing books. They won’t be due until the first day of Spring classes (January 21)!
Faculty, staff, and alumni may continue to borrow and renew up until their library account’s expiration date.
For questions or account issues, please contact us.
Winter Hours (Dec 14 - Jan 20)
Meyer (Oakland) and Simpson (SF) Library will be open on the following dates (subject to change):
- Monday, Dec 16 - Thursday, Dec 19, 9-5p
- Friday, Dec 20, 9-4p (closing early)
- Monday, Jan 6 - Thursday, Jan 9, 9-5p
- Monday, Jan 13 - Friday, Jan 17, 9-5p
The Materials Library will be closed during the break.
Meyer, Simpson, and the Materials Library resume their regular semester hours on the first day of classes (January 21).
Questions? Contact us!