CCA Libraries Annual Student Book Arts Competition 2019 - Call for Entries!
Three books by CCA students will be selected for inclusion in the libraries' artists' book collection and awarded a $200 prize!
Books created for a class assignment during the 2018-19 school year are eligible.
All entries will be considered for the following three categories:
- Handmade: Handmade book in any medium or form
- Content: Handmade or commercially printed book where the content is the primary consideration for judging (example: photography, graphic design, comic books or graphic novels)
- Research & Design: Handmade or commercially printed book where the design and research into the content of the book is the primary consideration for judging (example: graphic design)
Entries will be accepted May 1 - 10, 2019 at any CCA Library branch.
Exhibition: Books entered into the competition will be on display during the judging period.
Rules for entry
- You must be a current CCA student.
- Entries must be submitted between May 1 and May 10, 2019 to any CCA Library branch.
- Work on the book submitted must be in conjunction with a CCA course.
- Limit 2 entries per person.
- The widest possible definition of a book will be considered.
- If you use content other than your own (images, text, etc.), you must include a list of sources along with your book.
- Books will be evaluated by a panel of CCA library staff.
- The winning entries become the property of the CCA Libraries.
- CCA & the library assume no responsibility for damage/loss of work during the competition.
- All entries (except grand prize winners) must be picked up by May 31, 2019.
Download the entry form (pdf), with complete rules and details.
For any questions or concerns about the competition, please contact Teri Dowling.