Winter Break 2018 - Checkouts and Hours
All items checked out during Fall semester are due Dec 14 or earlier
Please return all library material by that date.
Students may not renew items beyond December 14 but may return items and check out material after updating their library records (please see "Borrowing during the Winter Break" below).
After-hours book returns are available at the entrance of Meyer and Simpson Library for returns while the libraries are closed.
Administrative holds will be placed on students' records for items not returned, preventing registration for classes and receipt of transcripts and/or diploma.
Borrowing during the Winter Break
Undergraduate, graduate, and graduating students interested in borrowing library material after December 14 are required to update their library records for the Spring semester. You may update your library account as soon as Monday, December 10.
To update your library record, you must:
- Return all library material
- Pay any outstanding late fees and/or replacement costs
- Be registered for Spring 2019 or scheduled to graduate at the end of Fall 2018
- Go to the Circulation Desk at either San Francisco or Oakland campus in person
Once you are updated, you may immediately begin borrowing books. They won’t be due until the first day of Spring classes (January 22)!
Faculty, staff, and alumni may continue to borrow and renew up until their library account’s expiration date.
For questions or account issues, please contact us.
Winter Hours (Dec 15 - Jan 21)
Meyer (Oakland) and Simpson (SF) Library will be open on the following dates (subject to change):
- Monday, Dec 17 - Thursday, Dec 20, 9-5p
- Friday, Dec 21, 9-4p (closing early)
- Monday, Jan 7 - Thursday, Jan 10, 9-5p
- Monday, Jan 14 - Friday, Jan 18, 9-5p
The Materials Library will be closed for the break and will reopen on the first day of classes (January 22).